: The devil is in the details: Week in review

Friday, March 24, 2006

Week in review

So, let's see...what's been going on here? I went out for ribs with Jolene and ExI on Monday night. Obviously, the company was awesome and it was great to see both of them. :) The ribs were AMAZING. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ribs. Good times. (Slightly related to this matter: ExI's blog thinks I am a spammer and won't let me comment. Boo.)

Wednesday night was JP and I went on a speed dating adventure. It was really fun. The age ranges for the whole thing were 21-29 for girls and 24-32 for guys. There were 10 guys and 10 girls. (For those of you unfamiliar with speed dating: each girl talks to each guy for 4 minutes. Then you check off yes or no for each on a very fifth-grade-esque score card. Then you go home and log in and say yes or no to each person. 24 hours after the whole thing is over, you get the contact info of your matches: the people whom you said yes to who also said yes to you.) Anyway, we had fun overall and ended up drinking with some of the people afterwards. (Quote of the evening from a girl with a thick Reveah accent in response to a guy who was a surgery resident after he said something about appendices: “Oh my God! That’s how you know someone is smart! They know how to pluralize appendix!” I had to work very hard not to react with an eyeroll or mean laughter.) In the end I wasn’t SUPER excited/dying to see anyone again, but I did think that lots of people were interesting and potentially fun to talk to or whatever so I checked “yes” to 6 out of 10. I mean, really, checking yes meant all of the committment of email addresses. I ended up getting three matches and I emailed all three today. We'll see how it goes, but at least it was a fun time and makes for a good story.

Hmmmm.....I also got caught coming in late this morning (ooops) and the boss just came by and told me that he wanted to see me before I leave (once other people get out of a meeting). Good news: he saw me here late which can at least partially make up for the whole coming in late thing. Bad news: I have to stay indefinitely and was just on the phone altering my evening plans....

Oh....and then there was that thing that happened last night. I don't really want to talk about it. Let's just say that I am quite displeased. Grrrrrrrr.

I’m off to Colorado on Monday. I have a million things that have to get done before then and I am a little stressed, but I’m sure it will work out. I hope. How are things going with you?

15 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Important update:

While writing said blog entry one of the matches emailed me back. Obviously, I should write more. :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Hi Iggy! I'm doing just fine thank you! Have a fun trip to Colorado.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooh! Ribs sound yummy.

Cool about the speed dating thing. Shame on you for coming in late... I mean for getting caught for it! *grin*

Have a great trip!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger momma said...

Speed dating sounds cool. Who knows, you might just get lucky. *grin*

Now, what could have been so awful last night that it messed up the wonderful week you were having?

Did you get in trouble with your boss?

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Monstah said...

Iggy! I am proud of you for this speed dating thing! With your new snazzy hair and your darling airs you must of been a big hit! If anything, it is good flirting practice!

All Stah is waking so I need to cut this short. Have fun in Colarado and I was happy to hear a little about my pals, Exi and Jolene!

Get together after you get back?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I think speed dating just sounds like such a fine idea. I wish it had been around back in the early 80s, when I was dating!

*brief pause to get over being an old fogie*

I saw on TV somewhere they have started up "speed friendship" meets for a same sex, just wanna be friends thing in a couple of cities. I would SO do that now if it were local! It is easy to make new friends when you are in college but when you get older--and especially if you work from home like I do--then meeting new people is much harder. Living in the sticks doesn't help much either.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Oooh I hope we hear about Iggy's Spped dating adventures!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Me too, especially if they lead to more tequila-style adventures.

*speed-friendships Swami*

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I think I should go have some ribs. Those sound tasty.

Have a great trip.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger mm said...

I wanna hear more too!

Have a great trip and update when you're back.

*smooch*

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger mtw said...

So Iggy goes speed dating then leaves the state for several days.

Yes, guys who go for speed dating have gotta love that! *wink*

*sits next to zombs, coco, and mm and waits for speed dating tales*

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

The awful thing was Duke's loss in the NCAA tournament. (I thought everyone would get that. Apparently not.)

I didn't get in any overt trouble with my boss, but I know he is keeping tabs and I know that he made a mental note. When I walked in, he asked me about the basketball game. I've been getting in a little trouble for other things lately, so I am sure that next time he is annoyed at me, I will hear about it. My plan is to tell him that I'm doing it all on purpose so that I can keep my current desk (where he can keep an eye on me)and not get moved to a new part of the lab. He'll appreciate that.

Monsty....we should definitely get together when I get back. That would make my week.

The ribs were phenomenal, I must admit. :)

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! And seroquel lexapro High+risk+commercial+property+insurance+pennsylvania Bobs heating and air inc loss+meridia+review+weight Doctor fax number http://www.i-can-t-watch-this.info/Watches3.html

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home