Trauma!
I got my haircut on Saturday morning. In my sleepy Saturday morning haze, I did a slightly poor job of describing what I wanted. My wonderful stylist did an awesome job and did exactly what I said. He cut it shoooooooooort. I now have no hair. Instead of having the shortest layer at my shoulders, the longest layer is a little above the shoulder. Ack! Everyone is telling me that it looks really cute, but it is freaking me out. I know that it is a great cut (because Clyde never does a bad haircut) and I know that it will look great as it grows out, but right now the ends tickle my chin and my nose and aren't entirely long enough to pull back.Even worse...about an hour ago we had a BABY BAT in our apartment. We ended up having to get one of the nice growup men to catch it and get rid of it for us because we were too busy running around shrieking. My roommate walk across the room with a blanket over her head to get the neighbor while I got my cell phone to call someone else for help. It was very scary. I think we will all have nightmares.

10 Comments:
*Giggling at the thought of the bat caught in your new haircut*
Bob <--- never very nice
Obviously, you need cat. Just not tiger.
Gah!! Bob, you're going to give me more nightmares!
Ben....obviously, we do. You realize, I'm sure, that when I said "I got my cell phone to call someone else for help" that a phone call was on your/your wife's way.
You are cute!
Okay. I have seen you in person (yay!) and I think it would look super cute! Especially this time of year. I know I am going to love it. Now if you got bangs, I would tell you that you are SOL. But longest layer at the shoulder? Shortest layer at the chin? It sounds like a dream cut!
Bats are winged rats.
I'd have freaked over the bat. They can have rabies. And they fly. And they look like rats with wings. Eeeeeeew!
Now, we need a picture of the new Iggy.
echoing momma... where's the pic???
Yeah! Picture!
Yeah! Pictures!
*waits with the other peeps*
Oh! Sorry the bat skeered you!
Yep, we want a pic. I even scrolled down to see if there was one, before I finished reading the post!
*shivers*
Bats are very icky. My aunt was picking dead leaves out of a plant once and she picked up a bat that was in the dirt, still alive! Yuck!
OH...MY...GOD! On Sunday night, I dreamt that my dad reserved a week's stay in a cabin at some state park in Virginia. Our whole family was to be there. The main attraction of this particular park in the Virginia mountains? BAT HUNTING. Yep...early in the morning, we set out for the woods, grabbing bats hanging upside down from the lowest limbs. I was freaked out by the large spiders climbing around the trees as well, only to find out that they were actually these really cute baby turtles. Well, anyways, when grabbing a bat, there was a special skill involved to keep the bat from rearing back and biting you (sounds like handling a B6 mouse, huh?) They had these really ugly, wrinkly little mouths, but once they were dropped into the batter and into boiling hot oil, they made for good eating. The hot guy (a college-aged park ranger working for the summer) who inspected our cooked bats and commented on how they were done just right added to the eye candy of the trip.
Post a Comment
<< Home