: The devil is in the details: About the speed dating...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

About the speed dating...

Well, I'm up to 3/3 as far as getting replies from my speed dating matches. As the other girl from our lab at the conference pointed out...speed dating is very high yield.

The first is a grad student here at Harvard in the Computer Science/Applied Engineering department. When one finds out about their matches, they get links to their matches profiles and pictures. Other friends (who unlike JP, didn't meet them in person) thinks that he is the cutest from his profile picture. We've been emailing and he seems really nice.

The second is a grad student at a UMass campus studying industrial hygiene. He tried to explain industrial hygiene to me in very small words and I looked at him and said "You mean workplace safety and OSHA stuff, right?" and he said "Ummm....exactly, yeah." But then we talked about college basketball, which was much better. He also seemed quite fun to talk with.

The third, who just emailed me this afternoon, is an accountant who I got along really well with. JP got very excited about the prospect of he and I dating, thinking that we matched well.

The conference is going relatively well...we are in the process of skipping afternoon talks and we might go off shopping again in a few minutes. It's definitely beautiful and fun, although I am pretty dehydrated thanks to the altitude.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Wow! Sounds like fun and some good prospects...

I wonder if they have speed dating for gay guys?

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Hey Iggy, just remember that accountants are WAY more fun and interesting as a whole (individual results may vary) than their reputation would lead you to believe!

I'm an accountant, and I'm VERY interesting, of course! The accountants at my wedding were by far the most fun people there.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

HD: It is fun and a good way to meet prospects. I think that, at least for me, it seems (with n=1) better than internet dating sites because it is really fun and lets you judge and be judged based more on personality as opposed to sort of random things. In theory there is speed dating for gay guys-I have definitely seen listings before. When two of my gay guy friends tried to look it up here last week they were unsuccessful, however.

MTW: Obviously accountants are interesting. Just look at you!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Have fun. Speed dating just sounds like such a good way to meet people you otherwise would never happen to meet!

And? Mr. Swami is an accountant. To think when we first met I kind of held that against him a little. Accountants are mostly smart, funny, have good people skills and are reliable. Downside is, like lawyers, they can lie really really well when needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home