: The devil is in the details: People laugh at me when I walk down the street

Thursday, February 16, 2006

People laugh at me when I walk down the street

I mean, they must. They have to. I would.

Sometimes I get a little too caught up in my IPod as I am walking (particularly walking to or from the lab). I don't dance outright, but the music certainly impacts my stride and the cadence with which I walk. Sometimes I have to work hard to stay still while stopped at stoplights.

Last night while walking home from the lab (after having a relatively good day and leaving earlier than I had left any other day this week) I caught myself really working it to the song playing at that time. I would tell you what song it was, but it is too embarrassing to even admit to having this song on my IPod, let alone to admit to strutting down the street to it. I noticed myself doing it a little bit this morning, but not nearly as badly as I was last night.

I have good posture when I work it. :)

(Sorry about the lack of updates. It has been a really busy week which is just now becoming calm. I'm off to Providence for the weekend which I am quite excited about, but we can talk about that later.)

19 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger momma said...

You MUST share with us what song was playing on the iPod. You must.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Here's what I have to say:

I can burn dvds using my new computer, and I can add music to the menu. I burned all of the episodes of this season's Project Runway for a friend and tried to put some sort of "fashiony" song on each disk, resulting in my downloading a few songs that I wouldn't normally ever listen to. Can you guess from that?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger momma said...

Ooooooooh! Is it that Supermodel song from the 90s?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I bet it has something to do about beeing so sexy it hurts...

Have fun in Providence. It's a nice town. We were there last night. Now the rock band beckons us to NYC and beyond.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Phlip said...

I wish I could observe this strutting. :P

Say "hi" to Peter Griffin for me when you're down in RI.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Okay, I'm confused. How do you get the Project Runway on your computer in the first place?

Also, if it was indeed "I'm Too Sexy," that song is awesome, in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Evan said...

I have the same issue with my iPod, too. I, too, am embarrassed to admit what I listen to on my way to work. Let's just say it's something I downloaded off the Avalon website. (BTW, what happened to the word verification setting?)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Okay, okay you guys got it...it was "I'm too sexy."

Jolene-I have my Tivo connected to our wireless network, so I can transfer shows that I record with Tivo to my computer. It is really a great thing to have, both for making dvds and for having TV shows on my laptop to watch during late nights at the lab.

Evan- Is it "Toxic"? ;) I took off the word verification because it was annoying and it seems like blog spam has gone away.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Evan said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Do I get a cookie for guessing it right?

Thinking of the avalon, Umphrey's McGee will be there on Sat. May 6th. I'll bet $10 they get banned for life for playing too late and delaying dance clubbification.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you only knew what I have on my iPod.

Right now, as I type this, I am groooooooving to "Shadow Dancing." And I am disappointed that I can't download a longtime favorite song from Terri Gibbs, so I ordered it from Amazon, then I will load it later.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Damn, that is some fancy technology. Maybe one day if I ever get around to getting cable, I'll get me some Tivo too so I can do that. (Of course, it also requires a new computer too, because I don't have a DVD burner - I didn't want to pay the extra $ for one when I got this computer, because I was so sure I'd never have any use for it. Should've known.)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

*points and laughs at Iggy*

Really, I'm laughing at the image of you bopping down the street to that song. Too cute :-)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger mm said...

The image of you bopping along made me laugh, too! You're too cute Iggy!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Supes said...

So you totally can't laugh at me for my "Best of Menudo" playlist, right?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

She can't, Supes. But the rest of us can.
*points and laughs at Supes*

*smooches goofy iggy*

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lasann said...

BeBooping thru!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger yvonne said...

You are just the cutest thing.

*smooch* to Iggy

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

So, you're a regular Ally McBeal with a personal soundtrack playing at all times as you wander around town...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home