: The devil is in the details: Weekend adventures

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weekend adventures

As I mentioned before, Friday was not such a great day. I ended up deciding not to do much on Friday night because I was a little out of it, in a bad mood and tired.

Yesterday was much more fun. I did a lot of shopping, although most everything I bought was something I needed. I went shopping with my roommate R. to help her pick out an outfit for her graduate school interviews. After we found her clothes, we went to buy shoes for me. :) I got these:


I love them. They are wonderful and they are perfect shoes to wear while walking to work/on my feet all day. :) That made me feel considerably better. I also got a new comforter. My old one was quite old and not as warm as it used to be and apparently it had a small hole in it which I managed to stick my foot in while sleeping one night this week. Turns out I kick a little bit in my sleep so I ripped the side of the old comforter open. Oops.

After we finished the fun shopping, my roommates and I went to the grocery store. We knew there was a storm on the way and we all needed some food. We all had a little but none of us tend to go to the big grocery store very often instead just picking up a few things at smaller stores on the way home. We came up with the great plan of sharing a cab ride ($3) home so that we could buy as much as we needed. We basically bought everything in the store. People were laughing at us and how much we had in our cart. We had to clean out the fridge and freezer once we got home so that we would have enough room to put away our groceries. After the grocery store, it was time to go out to dinner and later a bar for my roommate A.'s birthday.

Overnight it snowed and snowed and was rather cold (basically the perfect night to use a warm and cozy new comforter). I got up and made pancakes for breakfast and have lounged around a little so far today. I really need to do some laundry but am quite unexcited about going out the the laundromat. I'm also going to make some lasagna for dinner soon and just generally bundle up to stay away from the cold.

7 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Oh! I forgot! I also ran across a few lanes of traffic for Girl Scout cookies! That was a great part of the day. :)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger momma said...

Sounds like yesterday and this morning have been the perfect make up for Friday's craptastic day.

*smooooooooch*

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Puffy. At last, a blog where an anyonymous person can post. I forgot my password (never use it at home) and am at my dad's house for a few days. I feel warm and fuzzy, reading my bud's blogs, like I do at home, but so distanced because I cannot post. Wahhh.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I have to go to the grocery too. And do laundry. I've been putting both off for about 2 weeks now.

Procrastination: the one thing I am truly good at. :D

Cute shoes! *smooch*

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Ack! I would hate having to go out to a laundromat to do laundry.

Now, are you going to share some of those cookies with us? :-)

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
Student travel insurance south africa http://www.94-jeep-grand-cherokee-dash-kit.info/Jeep-body-parts.html Low cost ice cream machine Norco buy tramadol online Lamborghini miura p400 s breast augmentation buy ritalin online search http://www.00-acura-integra.info/Replace-leaky-shower-faucet.html Free paintballing videos jeep engine used Asian bridal wear jeep wrangler tops Hp plotters printers Jeep cj6 export bulletproof bumpers jeep parts for 2001 jeep laredo 2002 jeep liberty specs and safety Botox advanced classes

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Concrete driveway mansfield uk Flan rings carisoprodol butalbital butalbital 2capap 2ccaffeine tablets awnings new york butalbital apap orderbutalbitalapaponline male sex toys video Order phendimetrazine tartrate Bentley continental t boot panel Ultram weight robots txt Cause treatment of impotence

 

Post a Comment

<< Home