The problem with Tivo
Okay, I've just found my first problem with Tivo after having it for about a year.The real issue: I no longer look at TV listings and rely on Tivo's ToDo list to tell me when things are on, including Duke basketball games. Today it listed the Duke basketball game at 3pm on NESN (the New England Sports Network). I thought that seemed a little odd, but I assumed NESN now gets some ACC games as part of BC joining the ACC.
I turned the game on right at 3 but I spent a lot of time picking up the apartment, returning emails and the like and wasn't following the game that closely. At one point I looked at the score (both teams were in the 40s) and thought "that is a high score for this early in the game." When I looked a little more closely, I saw that there were 18 minutes left in the SECOND HALF, and it was 3:35. I was baffled. I have never been more confused in my whole life. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how the game had gone by so quickly. I didn't even remember seeing halftime. Between the strange pace of the game and the fact that the score was much closer than I expected, I was just lost.
After watching for a few minutes, I realized I needed to look at the boxscore to see how the game had come to this point. I went to ESPN.com and was greeted with the headline "Redick's OT 3 helps #2 Duke beat Florida State". Huh???????????????
It turns out that I am watching the game on TAPE DELAY! It started at noon, not 3! I am very, very distressed and I can't decide whether I want to watch the rest of the game or not, seeing as how I already know what happens. Grrrrrrrrr.

1 Comments:
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
t mobile blackberry Wellbutrin and fertility anti gravity massage chair swimsuit competition gallery The volvo v70 xc http://www.handbags-knockoffs-wholesale.info/Swimwear.html
Post a Comment
<< Home