: The devil is in the details: Bleh

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Bleh

Ick. Today was a very long day. I was in the lab (really at the tissue culture hood) from 7am until 7:30 pm. I almost fell asleep at the microscope about three times, and my eyes kept losing focus while I was counting cells. I cannot get up that early. I ended up surviving the day, but just barely. At least I got a ton of work done. Now if only I can figure out a way to get out of giving lab meeting on Monday (or to at least push it back a week) I would be golden. Around 7 I started feeling icky, and that has continued until now. The ickiness didn't stop me from heading over to Best Buy to pick up The Incredibles and Alfie when I left the lab. As I was leaving Best Buy, the fire alarm started going off. I don't know for sure what happened, but I just have to say that things did not generally go my way today, so I apologize to all of my fellow Landmark Center Best Buy shoppers if I made Best Buy burn down with my presence. We will all feel the loss.

I also figured out that I screwed up when I sent out an email about one of the NCAA pools that I am running (I am running 3 and participating in 7 competitions of some sort.) Turns out that the email that I sent had a weird title and said that it was sent from my user name from last year, Devil with a Blue Dress, causing lots of my friends to delete the message thinking that it was spam. Ooops.

I LOVE college basketball, but March Madness is not really at a good time for me right now. Can I ask to have it pushed back a week? We have recruitment this weekend, I have to prepare for lab meeting this weekend, and I am so busy this week that I am afraid that I will forget to fill out my bracket. It looks like tomorrow will be the day for that. Tomorrow is being pegged as the day for a lot of things around here, let's hope I don't oversleep/feel sick etc. too much...

Still feeling a little blah (And people are busy Friday night! I WANT TO GO TO BROTHER JIMMY'S!! Who's with me?). Any great suggestions for fun things to do (keeping in mind that it will be tough for me to find time to ACTUALLY do them???)