The Dreaded Wedding
This coming weekend, I will be going to a wedding in my hometown. I've alreadyI went home for a bridal shower and bachelorette party a few weeks ago. It didn't make me feel any more apprehensive (nothing notably terrible happened) but it didn't make me feel any less apprehensive either...it pretty much was as expected. I also received the wedding invitation and forgot to mention it. [This is where I paused this post and moved my lab stuff, if you were wondering] The invitation was addressed to:
I am not joking. (Okay, so technically Miss was written over Mrs. but I don't know how to do that in html so that is close enough). It made me feel really enthusiastic about going and like they really cared about me enjoying my time there. [/sarcasm].
So...that's this weekend. Blech.
It has also sort of just dawned on me that it is THIS WEEKEND. As in, I AM LEAVING FRIDAY MORNING. This is not good. The invitation said "formal but not black tie." I'm not sure that I have an appropriate dress (what, exactly, does formal but not black tie translate into at a middle of nowheresville hicktown wedding? I'm lost.) So...I think I have to go dress shopping. And...I have to get a wedding present (quite possibly dealt with online once I get back.) And...another friend from home is having a baby shower the following weekend which I am going to miss, but I would like to send a gift to the shower with my mom...so I need to get a baby shower gift. And...my hair is looking a little icky and theoretically ought to get cut. And...I need to do laundry and pack. And...I am supposed to do a big experiment on Monday of next week but may have a wrench thrown in my plans but probably won't know until Thursday. And...my mom is kind of annoyed that I will be home for such a short time and will be at a wedding for most of it. (I could, of course, stay home for an extra day if I found out that I didn't have to do my experiment on Monday.) And...I desperately need to watch Lost on Wednesday (just like I desperately needed to watch Alias tonight)
GAH!!!!!!!!!!
Soooo...I think (hope) that I am going shopping tomorrow night (highly dependant on my experiment schedule) to get a dress and a baby gift. I really hope I can figure out a dress that goes with shoes I already have....
Wednesday will be Lost and maybe a hair cut if I can schedule one kind of early...
Thursday will be laundry and packing....
This whole plan falls apart if I can't leave the lab at a reasonable hour everyday for the rest of the week. Soooo....now I'm pretty stressed.
Why I am I going to this wedding again?

14 Comments:
i know you are addicted to your shows, but you can definitely watch both Lost and Alias streaming on the abc.com site. Just thought you'd like to know. Have fun this weekend!
Monday is a national Holiday. Do not do experiments on a national holiday. Our three day weekends are sacred institutions.
Thanks Nina. :) I suppose I could always watch them a little delayed on Tivo too....
I'll let you know ASAP whether or not I'll see you next weekend. I really hope I can. :)
Ben...while I wholeheartedly agree with you, I think you'll have a harder time convincing my cells that they'd like to be ready to be experimented on on Tuesday as opposed to Monday.
Yeah, that invitation would have made me decide that I had better things to do that day.
What did you think of the end of Alias? It made me lament how good the show was in its first two seasons only to turn into what it did.
MS Project is a wonderful program. It will remind you of holidays when you plan out experiments.
Oh poo! I hope your weekend is nice despite the stress you feel right now.
Ack. Good luck this weekend. I guess I would assume those instructions just meant "Wear a dress" and not kahkis. In Wisconsin, wearing kahkis and a blouse would be standard wedding fare for many. I always wear dresses to weddings, but that's just what feels appropriate to me. And some people might not be able to afford to go buy a new dress if they'll never wear it. So whatever. I think it's silly when people put all those rules on their invitations.
Take some cells with you as a guest. Insist they get their own seat.
And wear a dress made out of business cards.
Ben...I would like nothing more than to take Monday off. Unfortunately, this experiment is requiring collaboration with WAY too many people to allow me to make that decision myself.
HD...I was fulfilled by how many of the characters' stories were concluded (particularly Sloane's). I was really unhappy that there was no better explanation of Rambaldi or the big picture...I would have liked to see a few of those loose ends tied up. I think I could see what they wanted the point of the Rambaldi story to be (fate vs. free will) but it would have been nice to have some other way that we could have wrapped that up. It was entertaining enough, but really I have never forgiven them from that whole "woke up in Hong Kong two years later thing." I was also a little disappointed that Merrin Dungey came back (I was psyched to see her name in the credits) but only as Flashback Francie, not as Evil Francie.
Thanks for the luck, I will need it. I successfully bought a dress and a shower gift. The dress should be fine, I hope. It kind of would look nice with a sweater at least for the church part and I am not sure what I will do about shoes, but no time for that now. I am going to have to do laundry tomorrow before Lost because I have an experiment from 5-7 on Thursday and then we are showing someone our apartment at 7:30. Ack! I might try to get my hair cut on Friday morning before I leave if I can get an early morning appointment.
So, how did the wedding go? What gift did you get them?
*smooch*
Hope you had fun!
*waits with MM for an update*
Late with catching up on blogs...but I wouldn't go.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home