Well, there goes my good mood...
(and my ever precious free time)I just got an email that I will be having a thesis committee meeting on July 11th. At said meeting, graduate students must present their research progress since their last meeting to their thesis committee, who then gives suggestions and comments on their progress. This is the committee that will eventually decide when I have done enough to graduate. This is also the committee that was responsible for my horrible, awful, very bad qualifying exam (yes, I passed, but it was no fun) and I have been pretty much successfully avoiding them ever since. Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap. I knew all along that one was in the works for July, but I had sort of convinced myself that it wasn't going to happen and that I could slide along for another few months. Guess not. :(

4 Comments:
There's an important difference between last summer and this July: Norm will be there. Problems solved! (not that there were any problems in the first place...it baffles me just how much you underestimate yourself)
Well, yeah. I know that it can only be but so bad since the big boss will be there, and since he is intimidated by no one. The issue is more one of not knowing what to expect: how long am I supposed to talk? how much should I write? when is the written part due by? how much work is enough to show for a year? what will they ask? etc. etc. I talked to F. for a little while today and she gave me a better idea what to expect, so I am not quite so freaked out. I think that possibly I can handle it.
As far as inexplicably underestimating oneself: hello pot, meet kettle. :P
That's a great story. Waiting for more. Compactflash type 1 and 2 Bontril 35 canada
This is very interesting site... nissan truck dealer 5390.2d leadership training Fat ebony anal videos Dental equipment job Body kits ford escort county line nissan connecticut Driveway interlock strip 1993 nissan sentra parts denon phono cartridges Nissan 350z rims Chesapeake plastic surgery opening for male webcams Infiniti j30 ignition coil Affiliate link marketing suggest Wiring diagram 1967 ford f600 Blood pressure collection
Post a Comment
<< Home