: The devil is in the details: The details

Monday, May 30, 2005

The details

The dresss: In the end, I bought a new one. It is very pretty, everyone loved it, and I felt much more comfortable in it than I would have in the repaired dress.

Dulles: As I boarded the flight from DC to Boston, I was laughing. Nothing bad had happened on any of the flights (at least nothing that was Dulles's fault) and somehow I was confident that I would get my luggage and all would be fine. Other than my horrendous hangover, the travel had gone very well. I got in my seat and started reading my book and didn't really realize how long we sat at the gate. Then we taxied and waited in line to leave for what was rather obviously a long time. And then there was an announcement from the captain: "We're sorry. The onboard computer that controls the ventilation is not responding. We are going to have to go back to the gate and have maintenance come on board and fix it." So we went back to the gate and sat there for a while (still on the plane). The flight, originally scheduled to leave at 3:15, eventually left at 5. So yeah, that'd be 2/4. Sweet.

The weekend: Was fun and eventful. As you may have guessed from the previous paragraph, I had the hangover from hell on Sunday thanks to Saturday's alcohol comsumption. That's pretty much all you're getting, since 99% of what I could say would be inappropriate for this forum. To those of you involved: You've got mail.

Today: Went to lab. Boooo. Got to deal with an issue that I received some emails about over the weekend: a bunch of my cells were found to be contaminated and some experiments were cut short/cancelled. It's pretty frustrating and messes up a lot of things. I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow now because I will have to deal with it more and have to figure out how I am going to pull certain long term experiments back together. Not cool at all.

That's all, just to keep you from wondering.

6 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good and wild weekend there. Hope you have an equally great week.

*CSTL*

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger jenbeauty said...

Welcome back and here is an orange juice for that hangover!!

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. You were in Durham this weekend?

I was in Chapel Hill. We could've hung out.

But noooo, instead you'll just hang out with my boyfriend -- travelling without me -- in a couple of weeks.

*I* see how you are, missy. :)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Really? That would have been so cool. I wish I would have known and that we could have worked something out.

Damn. You found me out. ;)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad you had a good time!! Ya know, except for that whole curse thing. :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I'm going to be blogful soon. You can get me back then ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home