An interview with ExInterper
Either ExI asks hard questions or I'm really indecisive :)1.If you couldn't be a researcher like you are now, what field would you go into?
If I'm being realistic, then I'd go for something having to do with either health policy (theoretically international, because I'm back into a Paul Farmer obsession now and I like to travel :) ), science writing or teaching. But if I am more interesting and assume that I have to get away from science altogether then I would write. Not only do I oh-so modestly think that I could write better and more realistic SciFi screenplays than the ones that I have seen lately, but I also wouldn't mind doing something with the short stories that I keep thinking up and drafting.
2. You are given unlimited financial resources to buy a completely new wardrobe. The only catch is that you can only shop in one store or from one website. Where do you go?
The GAP. I know, it's boring, but it is also comfortable researcher clothes. And it's where I shop most of the time now. I always say that I would love to buy more from Ann Taylor if I had the money, and I would certainly like to be more trendy than I am, but I'd be lying if I said anything other than Gap here.
3. Say you could only own three movies. Which three would you want?
Besides a Blockbuster card?
Good Will Hunting has been my favorite movie pretty much since I first saw it.
The Matrix. Lucky for me, this would preclude owning the travesties that came afterwards.
Pretty Woman, because without Pretty Woman my roommates and I couldn't have Girls' Night.
4. If you were forced to run for election to public office at some level, what position would you choose and why?
Hmmm. Another tricky one, because most of the positions that first come to mind aren't actually elected. I think that I would probably be able to be most effective at the level of something like a Board of Regents, to downplay the importance of standardized testing and encourage actually teaching critical thinking, as well as to be able to mold science curricula to my liking More critical thinking among the general public would do a world of good, I think. I wouldn't mind being in charge of the NIH budget either. Ultimately, I don't think that I could change all of the things that really bug me politically right now all by my lonesome, and I'm too far left to get elected to anything big. I mean, I'd take those if there wasn't a vacancy for princess of the world.
5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, York Peppermint Patties or Twix?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. No question.
Rules for those of you interested in further interviews...
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of my choosing.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. If you don't have a blog, you can post your responses in my comments section.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post, folowing the same rules.

17 Comments:
Oooh- so does this mean I get to say "Invterview me!" and then you have to make up fun questions for me? If so, then Interview me! :)
Of course, we all know I'm not as smart as you, so could you dumb it down a bit? LOL.
Is this like the 5th time I've replied in your blog today? Moving on...
Noooo...don't move on!! You know I'm a daw and love the attention. Although I will note that you have managed far more blog replies than email replies... :P
Your questions:
1.)Where do you eventually want to settle down and live?
2.)If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
3.) Which TV character would you most like to be?
4.) If you could go back in time and change any one thing that you did, what would you change?
5.) If you had a million dollars to donate to charity(s), where would you donate it?
Interview me! Since I got to pass it on to you. :)
-ExI
But of course....
1.)What is the one thing you know the most about?
2.)What is your favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor?
3.)Whose thoughts would you most like to read?
4.)If you had an unlimited budget and could travel anywhere, where would you go?
5.)What is the best advice you've ever received?
I posted a similar thing on my blog last week. Come on over if you wanna interview me. :P
hey iggy.
Ok, I'll bite. Interview me, please!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Right...well, apparently I can't spell too well today....but what I meant to say was that I have 3 months before business school to kill, so interview me too!
Well, now that I have received my computer from the FedEx man and started my experiments (cells are so needy sometimes), I can get down to important things...
Questions for Phlip:
1.If you could have lunch with anyone who had ever lived, who would it be?
2. What is your most prized possession?
3. Which is your favorite SNL character?
4. Who or what most inspires you?
5. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for and why?
Questions for Goth:
1.Which historical figure do you admire?
2.What is your most prized possession?
3.What story about yourself do you most want to tell to your future grandchildren?
4. Which TV character would you most like to be?
5. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Questions for Nina:
1.What is something you wish you were better at?
2.Would you rather be a multi-millionaire or have true love?
3.If you could be the world champion of any sport, which sport would you choose?
4.Whose thoughts would you most like to read?
5.If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?
Thanks, Germbabe. Answers on my blog.
Hey Iggy -
If you really are interested in writing SciFi short stories, there's a blog I read semi-regularly that's written by a guy who's soliciting SciFi short stories to be published (for pay) in magazine he's editing later this year.
The blog is here, but the specific posts where he talks about it were posted a while back, and I only have them bookmared at home (where I am not, at the moment).
I'll post those links on my own blog later, so if anyone else is curious, they can take a look, too.
Okay, I'm feeling lazy, and I don't really feel like making a whole post of it on my blog. But here is the orginal post, and here is a follow-up. I originally bookmarked the links because I thought it would be interesting to try to write something for the fun of it, maybe just to even see if I could, until I remembered that I don't actually like science fiction. :D
But if it's something you're interested in doing, you should totally try to submit something.
Hooboy. I hope I don't regret this, but... interview me!
All right. I'll bite. But only if Jo does too.
Thanks Jolene. I'll take a look, but as of right now I'm definitely interested.
On to the interview (Note:I am running low on questions, so at least for now most of my questions will be blatantly recycled and/or borrowed)...
Questions for Dave:
1.What story about yourself do you most want to narrate to your future grandchildren?
2.What is your favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor?
3.Out of all of the books that you have ever read, which one do you most wish that you had written?
4.What is the one thing you know the most about?
5.If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Questions for Dweeze
1.What is the one thing you know the most about?
2.Which is the one TV character that you would most like to be?
3.If you had a million dollars to donate to charity(ies), where would it go?
4.What is the best advice you've ever received?
5.If you had an unlimited budget and could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Bad Dweeze! :)
I hate to be a wet blanket, but there are a bunch of reasons why I haven't answered any of these "interview" posts.
First, I kind don't like the whole meme phenomenon. I have this annoying need to do things on my own terms most of the time.
Also, a lot of the questions are the kind of hypothetical/philosophical questions that I either don't have answers to, or don't want to commit to any one answer, so forcing myself to answer feels dishonest.
Finally, some of the questions require answers that, in order to answer truthfully, would be more personal than I'm willing to be in a public forum, but to answer any other way would also be dishonest.
So I will have to politely decline Dweeze's attempt to draft me.
And yes, I know I'm probably taking it way to seriously, but that's what do. :)
Thanks for the questions, Iggy. Man, the first one was a bear! Answers posted on my blog. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home