Odds and ends
I managed to get up relatively close to the time when my alarm went off this morning, certainly early enough to get to lab on time and don't feel overly tired. (Although I have a beef with that damn alarm clock: that was an excellent, albeit not exactly PG-13, dream that you interupted. Hmph.)While walking past my local burrito joint this morning, I got trapped behind two Spanish-speaking men. They moved aside to let me pass, and they definitely checked me out. Now, I don't exactly speak any Spanish at all, and I had my IPod on (but not loud enough so that I couldn't hear them), but I distinctly heard the words "muy caliente" as I walked past. I choose to believe they were not talking about the weather, and my lack of knowledge of any of the other Spanish words that they were saying supports my contention.
I may not be able to do much in the way of experiments today. Why? Well, I set up an experiment that included some reagents that I was out of a couple weeks ago, and I put said reagents on order. Well, today is the moment where I need them, and they are not here yet. Oops. The experiment will work either today or tomorrow, so for now I will wait patiently for the FedEx man to bestow some lovely gift upon me. And I thought I was going to be here late tonight before. *sigh* In any case, this experiment madness may turn out to be a boon (or not?) for y'all, since I have been ruminating on some science and the world-type thoughts for the past couple of days, and may have enough free time to put them into a coherent form.
Oh, and it's still too fucking hot.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home