More Western blots
Still doing Western blots all the time. Thus far, they have all been blank (entirely negative) which is bad. The first one makes sense because we had so many problems with the whole procedure. Not entirely sure what happened after that. I made a couple of changes and hopefully the two blots I have going today will work, in which case I will be seriously ramping up the number of blots I am doing.*crosses fingers*
Whole procedure: here for any interested dorks.
Current step:
Wash for 30 minutes with agitation, changing the wash buffer every 3–5 minutes
How I tend to do the current step:
Put membrane in wash buffer on shaker. Go do something else. Forget you were supposed to change wash buffer. Remember to change wash buffer after 10-15 minutes. Repeat. Let wash go extra long to allow for forgetting and also just in case the dish that you are washing in is too small. Get ridiculously off schedule.
Hmmm.....I think I have to do something, but I forgot what it was....
1 Comments:
Been there, done that, got the ruined samples to prove it.
Get a timer as a necklace.
Then you can forget to hit start.
Post a Comment
<< Home