: The devil is in the details: Wish me luck...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Wish me luck...

I'm in the hotel getting ready for the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner before K. and B.'s wedding (with internet access, obviously.) For those of you wondering, the bridal shower went very well, mostly thanks to R. I think I may have to give a toast tomorrow (not sure yet, though) and tonight all of the members of the wedding party have been asked to tell a story about K. and/or B., roast style (we think.) It's tougher than I would have thought to come up with an interesting yet appropriate in front of large groups of people story. R. and I have been working on them all day, on the trip here and while assembling favors and programs. I think I'm going to tell a version of the engagement story which I mentioned here sometime in mid-April. (B...if you're reading this, which I doubt, act surprised when the stories start. I figure this is close enough to when we leave that you aren't reading now.) I really hope it goes well. I can always do a version of what I've written for the toast, if necessary.

It's been a good day (and an excellent end to the week!). We got here around noon and have been doing lots of prep work for tomorrow (including my giving K. some earrings for borrowed.) It should be a fun night tonight and a fun day tomorrow (and theoretically a decent Sunday, though I may need to go to the lab.) As long as the somewhat impromptu public speaking goes okay, it should be fine....

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Update on the rehearsal dinner:
I gave a little speech. I was indecisive about what to talk about, so it ended up being rambling about a lot of things. It felt long and terrible. At least I gave one, while a bunch of other people did not.

The rehearsal and the dinner went very well. The church is fabulous. :) Looking forward to tomorrow (well, except for the 7 am hair appointment part)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Did you say anything about penises? 'Cause that may not be appropriate. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home