A new form of torture
If someone were to make a list of things that I am most certainly NOT, "morning person" would be at the top. Or at least 1a to "a person that sleeps at hours anywhere near what other people think are normal sleeping hours." But I work in a lab, so it doesn't matter.This week has been torture in that regard. I had some major lab issues on Friday which led to my needing to make an important phone call Monday morning. We have a weekly lab meeting on Monday mornings at 9 (which sometimes goes all the way until 11) that I run, so I needed the call to be before 9. I set it up for 8 am Monday morning. Not only that, but I needed to get some other things done before lab meeting, so I ended up coming in on Monday morning at around 7:15. Not cool at all.
We also have graduate student meetings in our lab, which many of the students view as a really terrible form of torture. I don't think it's so bad so you probably haven't heard me complain about it much, but you can definitely get complaints on that matter from Evan . When I started in the lab, these meetings took place from 3-5 on Tuesday afternoons, and were then subsequently moved to 3-5 on Thursday and then 3-5 on Wednesday. Well...now we have a new group of students in the lab, many of whom are taking classes still, and Wednesday 3-5 interferes with classes. We had some scheduling issues last week (that resulted in the students having an overwhelming vote not to meet as opposed to meeting at 1pm on Saturday) and then yesterday we got an email regarding times for this week. Meeting time this week? Wednesday 8:30-10:30AM. I don't know whose great idea THAT was (actually, I know exactly whose idea it was and that they are likely reading this. *waves*) but it sucks. Boooooooo. We decided to keep that time from now on. The combination of this whole morning meeting thing and my inability to sleep last night make me very tired.
In other news...one of our lab's grad student's med school classes start next week, so I only will be working with him for three more days. Sort of. Never fear though, because a new rotation student is officially starting on Monday as well, thus keeping the ratio 6:2. (Though within the first 4 sentences of talking to him I heard about his rather young boyfriend.) Along these lines, today was the third grad student meeting in a row where the boss used my name and the other female student's name interchangeably, although at least this week we were both P. instead of both being Bree.

6 Comments:
I TOLD YOU...he's gay! sweet!
Well you Harvard chicks are all the same, P.
I mean Bree.
Hi Iggy! I just found your blog, so I thought I'd say hello. I am totally with you on the 'morning person', thing. Mornings start no sooner than 9, for me. :)
*smooches*
Rats. I came here to say "Hi!" and MM was here first. Now I look like a copycat.
*pout*
Hey, Iggy.
Would it solace you to know that I have to get up at 6 a.m. most mornings?
No?
Well, then, have a homemade cinnamon pecan bun. *smooch*
Hi mm and seana!!! Nice to have you here!! Welcome. :) *smooches*
Oh, and I'd LOVE a cinnamon pecan bun. Coco wins!!
Post a Comment
<< Home