While the cat's away, the mice see Coldplay
At the end of last week, I mentioned my experiments with radioactivity. There were lots of hoops to jump through thanks to my friends at radiation safety, but I got an email on Tuesday morning noting that my training was completed and the area which we were going to work in was certified and that we were good to go. We went forward with the experiment later on the day on Tuesday. It ended up being a little scary, though I'm still blacking it out, so you'll have to read what Evan had to say about it. Note: when he says "freaked out", he really means-went after herself with a geiger counter and then washed my hands a la Lady MacBeth and repeated for like an hour. He doesn't mention that I later received ANOTHER email from radiation safety telling me that oops, the area wasn't exactly certified, and to cease and desist from doing experiments until they told me it was ready. Except that I'd already done them. Things were a bit rocky, but everything is fine now and I didn't get exposed or anything. I did make a few complaints about the possibility of having two-headed children when I was less than happy. JP (a co-worker)'s response: "Oooh. That'd be cool. They'd be really cute. They'd have four of your eyes instead of two! And they could split up the work of studying for tests!" Other than the radioactivity experiments, things have slowed down a little bit since the boss is out of town on vacation. In fact, I took the day off today since I didn't have all that much to do and have been mega-exhausted lately. (It had nothing to do with my waking up at 10:30 today. Nothing at all.)This mouse also played while the boss was away by leaving early from the lab to go to Hartford, CT to see Coldplay. We had to stop in Monstah's neck of the woods to pick someone up, and then off to Hartford we went. The concert was fabulous-Coldplay is impressive live. Other things I learned:
1. It is somehow more hot and humid in Hartford than in Boston
2. There is a surprising amount of walking involved in going to a concert in Hartford.
3. I don't like UConn students any more than I like general UConn fans.
4. Not only can a 25 year old feel exceedingly old watching MTV , they can also feel old at a concert. Did I really tailgate that much and act that stupid 3 years ago? (Don't answer that.)
5. Chris Martin likes to skip and contort when he sings. Also, I think he might have an inappropriate relationship with his piano and piano stool. Gwyneth may need to look into it. Chris seems to thrust towards the piano when he plays while singing a faster song. He was sitting on a ralther flexible stool that moved with him and accentuated his movement, and it was really, really funny. (I told this story to Nina earlier over IM. Her response? "That'd give him more cushion than bony ass Gwyneth." This is why I love my friends. :) )
Other than that, not much going on. K.'s wedding invitations went out today, which means no more evenings of folding invitations and addressing enveloples. Both roommates are going out of town this weekend as are quite a few friends, so it will be a pretty chill weekend. Oh-as an aside, if you don't like this post, it is the cat's fault. I had it mostly written and then a very bad thunderstorm came through. The cat was scared and jumped onto my lap. One paw hit the laptop touchpad (and managed to select all of the post) and then his other paw hit backspace. Oops. Damn cat.
7 Comments:
Ugh. I'm so frickin jellus. I luuuuuuurrrrrvvvvve Coldplay. *pout*
*grumble* But I'm glad you had a good time. :P
*smooch*
Oh, and I watched a live performance of theirs on MTV a while ago and noticed the same thing about his piano stool gyrations. I kept waiting for it to slip out from underneath him and for him to crack his chin on the piano. LOL
You think you feel old at 25. Try being 38 and going to those things. I feel like I should bring my walker.
Glad you had fun though.
*smooch
I love Coldplay! I wanted to go see them but I'm not going to. heh. The only concerts my people want to go to lately are country concerts. Which is fine by me because I don't feel as old at those ones.
Glowie! I considered going to Pittsburgh for the concert (because the bastards aren't coming to Cleveland) but I didn't think that you would like them since they weren't country! LOL
Jen! I've told you I love Coldplay. Pay attention to me dammit!
Liar! You have not. I hang on your every word.
Post a Comment
<< Home