Supremely bored
I, unlike everyone else in the universe, have not yet commented on John Roberts, the nominee for the Supreme Court. The reason for that is that, honestly, I'm not really motivated to care. Seriously. Yeah, I know his opinion on French fries. I mean, it's not as if I like the guy. But the thing is, I wasn't going to like anyone who was nominated. The President wasn't going to up and pick someone who agreed with me on anything. It was absolutely certain that anyone who was chosen would be someone to whom I was violently opposed. The government will not be representing me with this appointment.But...I don't care. It's almost as if they picked the most bland and boring blechy conservative man who is white and looks like the President that they could. He's a fucking POD person! Now I know why Bush et al. oppose cloning so much-they don't want us to find out their secrets. Anyway-blah. A non-descript conservative guy is going to be the new Supreme Court justice. Tell me something I don't know. Let's talk about something that actually is important right now. I'm sure this Roberts guy will end up being important eventually, but now he's just a blah pod non-descript conservative guy.
To best describe just how much I don't care...I've been reading about potential nominees for a couple months, but the first time this week that someone asked me what I thought about John Roberts and I replied with my opinion on Duke's new guard, Josh McRoberts. MUCH MORE INTERESTING.

3 Comments:
Yeah, he bores me too. I feel like I have a lot at stake with this nomination, but he does little to arouse any sort of excitement, positive or negative. Maybe it would help if we looked at him as though he were a grab bag that we purchased with two tickets at the school fair. The packaging is pretty plain, so we don't know what to expect. It might be a really cool surprise. More likely, it will just end up being whatever carp the PTA could get a local business to donate.
Oh, did we get a new Supreme Court judge? *grin*
You purty much summed up my feelings exactly. Can we get back to getting Rove the hell out of the WH now?
Post a Comment
<< Home