Last weekend odds and ends
I must say, the past week has been quite nice in the lab. I'm getting work done (and some things are actually working) and my boss was travelling last Thursday and Friday and was only in town one day this week (yesterday) making the whole place very restful. And empty. Of course, that's not what you've been asking for an update on, so I'll get right to it.The dinner was yummylicious. Free advice: While it is somewhat sensible to not really eat anything all day before going to a five-course dinner so that you have lots of room, it is NOT advisable to not eat anything all day before going to a dinner where you will also be served five beers (and an extra one while you're waiting for the table). This results in one getting much more intoxicated than they might expect and also one getting lost in the bathroom. (Whoever heard of two bars sharing a bathroom so that a drunk person could go to the bathroom and suddenly end up in a different bar? Very poor planning.)
Shopping was also fun. I bought some Clinique stuff and a couple books at Borders, but we looked at lots. While in a department store downtown, my roommate and I suddenly realized that we had a desperate need for impractical brown boots and we ended up trying on pretty much every pair of boots in the Downtown Crossing shopping area. Roommate got two pairs. I did not get any. :( Stoopid extra wide feet. We were late getting back from shopping and it was decided that it was too late to start a game of Risk (our friends did not want to stay up all night) so instead both roommates and I had an expedition downtown to see "Pride and Prejudice," which was quite good, even for a Jane Austen movie. :)
I'll leave it at that for now and put the other funny thing that happened last weekend in it's own post.....

3 Comments:
I get most of my work done when my boss is out of town, surprisingly, because it's also when I get to play the most here.
I got lost today going to a restaurant becuase I was too busy talking on the phone. One person stuck between two different phone lines, so I missed the exit.
I too had a similar boot shopping experience. By the time I got to the deal, all of my size was gone. I had to buy a half size bigger thinking I could pull it off. I can't. My feet are sliding around way too much.
I'm just giggling at you getting lost in the bathroom.
That's great.
Oh and I HATE the wfngfsrf word verification thing.
That's a great story. Waiting for more. »
Post a Comment
<< Home