A shoutout for JP

(My favorite picture of JP and I, courtesy of Evan, the master photographer.)
My awesome friend JP has been a little stressed lately, so I thought I'd give her a shoutout. (She asked me if I would say that she was hot in a post, but I decided to do her one better.)
JP-
You are one of my favorite people in the whole world. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to become friends with you while we've been working in the lab, and I'm SUPER glad that we got to become even better friends when you started to work on my project with me. I don't know what would have become of me without your help, since we have already figured out that I can't clone for shit. (Exhibit A: Stop codon? What stop codon?) Anyway, like I said before, you are one of my favorite people since you are so funny and understanding and good to talk to about lab stuff or life stuff. And because you are a goofball. Did I mention that you are a goofball? AND you're hot too.
You are going to be a FANTASTIC scientist, due to your scientific knowledge but more importantly due to your curiosity and drive. I have been so impressed with the questions that you ask about the project...you definitely know your stuff. The best part has always been your enthusiasm. There have been times since you have started working with me that my motivation for the project has been lacking and I have either been buoyed by your enthusiasm or driven to keep my head up because of your excitement about the project. Really, I can't thank you enough for all of your help.
I am POSITIVE that you are going to get into graduate school. POSITIVE. I know that you are a little nervous about it (and it is good not to be too cocky), but I am certain that you will both get into graduate school and also excel there. I will point out that different schools have very different admissions requirements that sometimes seem to have no rhyme nor reason and it is unlikely to get into all of them (I have never heard of anyone getting in everywhere they applied), but I think you will get into the vast majority that you have applied to. As far as the ones you don't get into are concerned, remember one important thing:
I called them and told them not to let you in so that you wouldn't leave. They were totally going to let you in otherwise.
PS: While I was writing this, SS came by showing a new tech candidate around. He is hot.
PPS: I just had to quickly minimize this window because JP came by my desk. She came by to tell me that the new tech candidate was hot, which makes the PS a lot less funny.
6 Comments:
Wow,
Thanks Bree, almost cried when I read the blog, but you know that cuz you were next to me :). I've had so much fun working with you... Changing media and setting up cultures have never ever been this fun with anyone else... hmmm MAYBE with DS. Anywho, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you and all that you've done for me... with school, work, and life! I'm hungry.
This was what I was expecting when I said "will you put me on your blog?"
stuff about bree's life... stuff about bree's life... stuff about bree's life... stuff about bree's life... stuff about bree's life.
P.S.: Jenny says Jenny is sex-ay.
I'm really hyper right now.
Ok, bye!
I think it makes the P.S. funnier myself.
You two are cute. *smooch*
I concur on two points...
1) Jenny is awesome
2) SS's new tech candidate is hot.
Wow, just wow. Now I already knew you were hot when I met you last year but they're going to need two new characters for the next Fantastic Four movie because as hot as the both of you are, poor Johnny Torch or whatever his name was will be out of a job.
Excellent, love it! »
Post a Comment
<< Home