: The devil is in the details: My new club

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My new club

I have just decided to form a new club. This club will be centered around the observation that guys suck and are far too complicated. Who's with me?

45 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger momma said...

Hunh? Wait...what was your surprise? Which guys suck?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger gothmog said...

jfxyby. and now!

and, not coincidently, my word for posting on your blog is: "uhfkkm." No kidding.

Uh, fkkm indeed.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger gothmog said...

ok, mabye I'm reading too much into this word verification thing, but after I posted, the word on the screen is "brylaiby."

Which is probably pronounced along the lines of "Bree lay boy."

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger gothmog said...

and now it's "lvzbb"--"loves baby"



Ok, I'll stop now.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

*gigglepants* at Goth. Especially the second one.

:) :) :)

Thanks.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger jenbeauty said...

I will support you no matter...why do the suck today?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Can I be vice president?? I think I'm very qualified. *grin*

Sorry it didn't work out, hon. Have some chocolate and a bottle of vodka. You'll feel better.

*smooch!*

Oh, and utwyuqom. I think we all know what THAT means.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger momma said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

What the hell, I'm in. *grin*

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to join the "guys suck and are far too complicated" club. I aspire to use the phase "i'm not just a member, I'm also the president".

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Excellent!! Look at all the club members I have!

Jen-I can't think of anyone that I'd rather have as a vice-president.

Momma-*smoooooch* just 'cause

Carey-*grin* Glad to have you. My club is very inclusive that way.

Mike-Welcome to the blog. :) (Mike is another student in my lab). I will happily welcome you to the club, but I am not sure about you being the president. It currently looks like vice-vice-president is the highest position available. How's that? (Please note my remarkable restraint in not asking your personal opinion on guys and sucking....)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Jolene said...

Bummer. That sucks. And I can certainly sympathize, as I've been there. Far too many times...

By the way, I had no idea you'd been posting the whole time you were in Denmark. Geez, guess I have a lot of reading to do. :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger momma said...

I think Mike should be Department of Defense or something equally as intimidating.

lconngkj - Le' Conkage? French for beating your head on the wall and repeating.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

lconngkj sounds like the most apt word yet on this topic. (Well, other than uhfkkm)
*smooch*

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger jenbeauty said...

Hey I want to be something...what can I be...I can be driver...or ass kicker! You choose babe!

*smooch* be the shoulder, maybe he will see the beautiful individual you are.

P.S. hoobfbx is that another code for oobies? Is your blog about oobies?!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Evan said...

Ahh yes, guys can suck...so what's the problem? That's a good thing!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

JB...you are welcome to be ass kicker, though we might end up with more than one of those. How's head ass kicker?

*smooch* I'm working on just going with the flow and keeping normal with things. We'll see what happens.

As for oobies....that DOES sound like code, though I wouldn't say that my blog is about oobies. I can think of so many others whose blogs are much more about oobies than mine.

As for you, Evan...:) :). I've been waiting for you to make that comment for a while now. Hahahaha!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

jumps in the shallow end. Wooooo Hoooooo

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Woot! I'm a VP!

*taps on podium*
Now, for our first order of business... ummm... we need buttons. Every cool club has buttons, right? I'm thinking something like pictures of boys with arrows through their heads or somesuch. *grin*

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm not quite sure that "somesuch" is a real word, but it sounded good at the time.

And Carey? we need some drinks over here! I nominate you for the position of Cocktail Liason.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Hmmmm. I think that buttons might poke our floaties. I DO like the ideas for a picture though. Maybe on t-shirts? Or on the glasses containing the yummy drinks.

I second the nomination for Carey as cocktail liason. :)

As for my day today...immensely better, because there has been much joking around, and because I made cookies for a meeting today. Mostly because of the cookies.

Pwpifo: Word that I shout while jumping into the pool. :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jen said...

We can put the pictures on cookies! Brilliant! *grin*

Glad you're feeling better. *smooch!*

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

DRINKS ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger momma said...

pwpifo sounds almost like it belongs with Kapow! Banff! Pwpifo!

And what 'bout me? What do I get to be?

ksszkwy - kisses are icky

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

*sluuuuuuurp*

Thanks, babe. :D

apmch: Ape much? Yes, boys are apes. I agree with your blog, Bree.

Ok, I'm stopping now. It looks like I have no life when I hang out in your blog all morning. Oh wait. Nevermind.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Boys are twits.

Can I be in charge of yelling 'Find it your own damn self!'?

oh, and trohsznk.. how they sound when they snore just loudly enough to keep you awake.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Well crap, I got one of them penis things so I guess I can't join :-(

Been outta it lately but hope whatever boy is giving you fits gets ants in his pants.

CSTL

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

#1: I think that "hvfropn" is a Danish word. It looks Danish. I can't read Danish, though, so I can't tell you what it means.

As for the club...as president, I decree that:

1. We are putting the symbol on the cookies.

2. Mike will be the head of the Department of Defense. Unless he continues to make snide comments in the lab, in which he will become the punching bag. :)

3. Momma will be the head of the party department. Or in charge of the sticks to beat the boys with. Her choice.

4. Coco will be in charge of yelling.

5. CSTL is welcome in the club since Mike and Evan are already in.

6. Drinks are on Carey!!!

I'm going to resize pics now, so there should be some up tonight.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger momma said...

I want to be head of the party department. Since Carey's got the drinks covered (*snort*), I move to hire muzzled strippers of all genders (or maybe, just male and female) for our first night of celebration!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps I could be in charge of recruiting males to this club? Department of Defense sounds woossie. I am better with lines like "do you ever feel like you suck? do you ever feel complicated? do you ever treat girls unfairly? well then I have a club for you!"

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Momma...that sounds fabulous. I've obviously chosen the right position for you. :)

Mike...I'm thinking that you don't want to be part of the Dept. of Defense since you are afraid of me. :) I'll let you be in charge of recruitment on a temporary basis. I'm not really sure though...what if your new recruits are complicated and cause me trouble?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Evan said...

I WANT PEOPLE TO COMMENT ON MY BLOG, DAMMIT! This is absolutely SICKENING...UGHH. 34 friggin comments...c'mon people!!!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Evan said...

oh...and my word...ihknc. I hack North Carolina? Well, any thought of the state makes me want to vomit, so there ya go! cheers!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Evan said...

and my next word...sihli...yeah, perhaps the last few comments were sihli. This is just too much fun! Weeeeee!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

I wanna be a stripper!!!!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Evan...pffffft! You crack me up. If you think I got too many comments yesterday, then I suggest you don't look at Carey's blog...

Carey...yes, you may be a stripper. Just so long as the cocktails don't stop. :P

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Oh...and Ev? You seem a little worked up about this. Shall I have my parents bring my cross-country skis from my house for you next time they come? I think that skiing may help you calm down. :P

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Gee Carey, I thought you already were a stripper. *grin*

Evan, you really don't want us commenting on your blog. Once I start, I'm there to stay. And I can be annoying. :)

Ig, have you introduced Evan to the boards, or do you keep us hidden away like a dirty little secret?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Glowie said...

ooggkg - reminds me of cereal for some reason.

I think boys are more simple than they are complicated.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

First of all...my blog word is bchildm. Which is my blog saying that boys are children, I think.

Jen...Evan knows of the boards but has not been given a link. I think I'll wait to introduce him to that distraction until AFTER his qualifying exam in a couple weeks.

Glowpop...I think I have to disagree with you here. They are complicated. I do not understand them at all. Unless of course you are using "simple" to mean not very smart, in which case I agree completely.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

As for you, Evan...:) :). I've been waiting for you to make that comment for a while now. Hahahaha!

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't think of me when you were waiting for this comment.

I'm already in the club, but I want a title too. Can I be Headmaster of Hair Care?

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

HD...Sorry. You were MIA (and also not loitering around my desk). Next time I am looking for similar comments, I'll look towards you. You may most certainly be the Headmister of Hair Care, and you will also be in charge of ensuring that there is enough hair commentary each day.

As an update....it is possible that certain boys no longer suck. News at 11, or when I know something definitive.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home