To help you sleep better....
#1 Just in case you were wondering what I'm up to this weekend (because I'm sure you all stay up all night pondering such questions), my family is coming to town. It's a little bit last minute, but they wanted to come sometime this summer and we suddenly realized this was the only weekend that would work. So-mom, dad and little sis will be here from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday. It should be a good time; I really enjoy seeing them (particularly my sister. I refer to her as mini-me. I might have to stop that now that she is getting older and is turning out to be quite athletic-she might hit me.) My mom comes to visit relatively often (sometimes with sis or mom's friends) and we have a shopping weekend, but it is very rare for the whole family to come. My dad does not like cities or crowds. Anyway-we're going to be tourists for the weekend-we're taking a duck tour and going to the aquarium and going to yummy restaurants. So it should be good times, but I won't be around much. We're also still going to be showing the apartment over the weekend.#2 If you're looking for me, either here or at any other online venue-my boss will be out of town for the next two weeks, so I will have more free time. I think. In case you were pondering that one in the wee hours of the morning. (Aren't I helpful?)
#3 In case you were wondering what would be coming next here-here are the coming attractions: I've got a couple of drafts saved about random things (such as the four Bs post that I just did), but the first thing that I'll probably do is write a post called "Cast of Characters" giving a little detail about some of my friends who I refer to. I know that I got sidetracked a few weeks ago explaining who Iceland was and I have been specifically avoiding mentioning my friend JP lately to not get sidetracked with background again. JP is awesome, she definitely deserves a post. Oh-and she might start reading here soon, so we have to say nice things about her. :P
#4 (An addition based on a conversation that I had with my advisor in the middle of writing this pos) I just killed a paper to Science. For the non-scientists out there, Science is one of the top two scientific journals. Getting a paper into Science is a huge deal. My advisor is one of the editors and he just came in with a paper that he wanted me to look at. I told him not to accept it (man I'm mean). It was pretty obvious that he didn't want to accept it, but he wanted some extra reasone why not. Honestly, it really wasn't worthy of Science (not that any of my research is either) and it would have been one of those papers that I would have read and then thought self-why is this in Science. The rejection will NOT help the authors sleep better. Oops. Maybe I should have told him to accept it just for thematic continuity.
4 Comments:
sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.
I say continue to call her mini me even when she is old and gray.
So YOU'RE the one who just ruined my life. And here it was, my life goal to get published in Science. *sob*
And with your family visiting, no wonder you were hesitating about Landru's wishes for hot sex this weekend.
Carey-I might. I have been the same pitiful height since 8th grade. She is about three inches shorter than me and going into ninth grade (yes, we are really far apart), so I may end up taller than her. If I've got that, then I can take it when she hits me.
Goth-Sorry. If only I'd known it was you....next time, try to write a paper about more than one patient, so it seems like a trend instead of a sad thing that happened to an unlucky person.
That's a great story. Waiting for more. proprietary forex trading hiring beauty day hot scottsdale spa tub Answering services west virginia Stop smoking lifesavers port arthur lasik surgeon mature voluptuous women Running shoes review call center quality controller upper harbledown Gsx buick Suzuki sidekick soft top Imitrex and miscarriage Cell phone flip phone price
Post a Comment
<< Home