: The devil is in the details: It could have been better, I promise.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

It could have been better, I promise.

On Tuesday I wrote this whole long, funny post called "Weekend Update with Immunegirl" all about what had been going on with me, but then my computer ate it. And I was too lazy to write another one. Here are the things that you would have heard about then, minus the cleverness (because I am not having a clever day today)

Friday: Longish day of work followed by a plane trip to NY. Nothing terribly eventful: planes that were delayed enough to make my connection tight, but not so late as to cause problems, and attending a meeting were highlights.

Saturday: Bachelorette Part-ay. Started at 10 am (limo had to be back early because of a prom) driving around in a Stretch Hummer (limo company overbooked because of said prom, thus resulting in us getting an upgrade) touring some of the wineries of the Finger Lakes in upstate NY. Went to 6-ish places between 10 and 4. Bride and six bridesmaids also polished off five-six bottles of wine while driving from place to place in Hummer. (Side note: I can stand in a stretch Hummer. While yes, I am a midget, that should also give you some idea of the ridiculous size of this vehicle) You can likely imagine the state we were in at 4. We managed to rally enough to be in the hotel bar at 7, where we remained for the night. The seven of us were the only women in the whole bar, which was otherwise full of guys who had just come back from 5 years in the Army. Again-you can likely imagine the scene. Suffice it to say, we were rather popular, with trays of shots being brought over to the table all night, thus returning us to the state that we were at at 4 rather quickly. Ah well, it was fun times.

Sunday: Drove to parents' house from Finger Lakes. While en route, got a call from the mother of the bride for whom I am maid of honor in October asking about the planning that I had done for her shower. Said planning mostly consisted of getting the contact information of the other bridesmaids. So now I'm trying to rev up to plan this shower. And then I went to the Syracuse airport where, oops, there was no plane. My plane was having a maintenance problem at DULLES, and thus had not made it to Syracuse. I didn't make it to DC until rather late, and when I finally got there, I had missed the last plane to Boston for the night. The airline gave me a lovely room in the Sheraton in Reston, VA, which I likely would have enjoyed much more had I made it there before midnight, or had I been able to stay past 4:30 am, when I boarded a shuttle back to Dulles.

The rest of the week has been okay and somewhat uneventful. Basically, it has involved lots of sleeping, and lots of shirking things I ought to have been doing. I'm basically caught up now, and looking forward to the FABULOUS weekend that I have coming up. (At least, the not having to get on an airplane part and the hanging out with exciting people on Friday part)

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

so the Dulles curse has resumed it's course. Sounda like you had a pretty good weekend otherwise though...good to have you back.

*CSTL*

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger ilse said...

Did you wave to me? I work in Reston. The next time you're severely delayed at Dulles, call. We'll do lunch. :)

He's on his way. Take care of him, okay?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said...

Ilse-
Next time I'm severely delayed at Dulles should be next weekend, if this whole curse thing keeps up. I'll send you an email and let you know details. And yeah, I'll take care of him. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home