Dinner with Danes
After I finished writing that last post, I went to the lobby of my hotel to meet up with J. and P. Their main goal for the weekend is to get P. moved into an apartment in Copenhagen from her parents' house on a small island. Since P. is in the process of moving, they didn't have any internet access so they came to my room for a little while to use my connection and we hung out here. P. and J. really liked the little tour book that I had: they were looking for all sorts of things in it. We found a program called "Dinner with the Danes" which allows tourists to have dinner with a Danish family. I was lucky enough to know a Dane, so I didn't need this program.From there, we walked along Strøget again to find a restaurant for dinner. We ended up at a Turkish place and had some yummy food. Then we went out for coffee. While we were getting coffee, we realized both J. and P. were having bad after effects from the food. The whole thing is very curious...all three of us ate the same thing, yet I was fine. If I die tomorrow, you'll know why.
After the coffee place we went to meet P.'s dad who had brought some of her things for the apartment and then we went over to her apartment. We realized that her apartment's bathroom is as small as the exceedingly small bathroom in my hotel room. From there we went back over to Tivoli. On Friday nights there are concerts at Tivoli and tonight a very famous Danish band was playing. The whole place was packed! We got a couple beers (this time I sampled Denmark's other beer, Tuborg. It wasn't bad, but I think I like Carlsberg better) and also some traditional Danish shots. They tasted like salty black licorice. They were gross...possibly even grosser than the bacon-flavored ice cream from two days before. We continued to walk around Tivoli and listen to the music for an hour or so. It was very odd...this band was playing covers of a lot of popular American songs (Jimmy Buffet and Elvis songs for example) but were of course singing them in Danish. J. and I were having a very tough time figuring out what the songs were. It was funny...we could recognize the music and the rhythm of the words, but it was really difficult for us to actually know what song it was.
It was again nice to spend some time doing somewhat normal things. Oh...and I talked to P. and J. about the coat that I wanted from Vero Moda. P. thinks that not only do I desperately need a trenchcoat that is THAT cheap, but she needs one too. J. thinks that I shouldn't worry about fitting things in my suitcase and should instead just buy another suitcase. I think that is a terrible idea, as it would result in my doing enough shopping to fill the second suitcase.
I'm pretty sad that tomorrow is my last day here. I've got definte plans for a few last sights to see and then I will be a little flexible about which other things I do. I will probably go out with J. and P. again tomorrow night. *Sigh* Are you sure that I have to leave?
1 Comments:
Where did you find it? Interesting read Chances of twins clomid Cartridge sealing tape parental control 9n ford tractor engine gone with the wind lingerie slot machine hales corners dental insurance free slot cash play slot machine for free Build a gravel driveway Natuzzi has fine leather sofas what teeth whitener is better adipex 37.5mg weight loss pill
Post a Comment
<< Home